About

LEARN ENGLISH BY TELLING TALE

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

ABTA Test Paper Grammar Solution for class 12


ABTA Test Paper Grammar Solution for class 12

Page – 33
a) “Was I bothering you when I turned that corner?”, asked the woman. (Narration change)

Ans. The woman asked if she had been bothering him when she had turned that corner.

b) My father could convey complex spiritual concepts in down-earth Tamil. (Voice Change)

Ans. Complex spiritual concepts would be conveyed in down-earth Tamil by my father.

c) As soon as she left the train she would forget our brief encounter. (Make it negative)

Ans. No sooner had she left the train than she would forget our brief encounter.

d) I am the most unhappy of men. (Turn into a positive degree)

Ans. No other man is as unhappy as I am.

e) But thy eternal summer shall not fade. (Make it affirmative)

Ans. But thy eternal summer shall remain bright.

f) I wished to kill you. (Use the underlined word as noun)

Ans. I had a wish of killing you.

Page- 66

a) It was a safe remark. (Make it interrogative)

Ans. Was it not a safe remark?

b) “Why don’t you say this to the people?,” I asked my father. (Narration Change)

Ans. I asked my father why he (father) did not say that to the people.

c) Despite these disadvantages he possessed great innate wisdom. (Make it complex)

Ans. Though/Although he had these disadvantages he possessed great innate wisdom.

d) I believe that you are hungry. (Use the underlined word as adjective)

Ans. Your hunger is believable to me.

e) The hermit was sowing seeds in the beds. (Voice change)

Ans. Seeds was being sown in the beds by the hermit.

f) oh, how lucky you are! (Make it assertive)

Ans. You are really very lucky.

Page: 93

a) What a tyrant! (Make it assertive)

Ans. He is really a great tyrant.

b) It takes much time to kill a tree. (Make it negative)

Ans. It does not take little time to kill a tree.

c) “Are you going all the way to Dehra?”, I asked. (Narration change)

Ans. I asked if she was going all the way to Dehra.

d) She switched on the light and left the door open. (Change the voice)

Ans. The light was switched on and the door was left open by her.

e) It is only magicians who know that. (Make it interrogative)

Ans. Is it not only magicians who know that?


Page – 106

a) Eat some more, son.(Change the voice)

Ans. You are affectionately urged to eat some more.

b) Why don’t you look out of the window?(Make it assertive)

Ans. There is no reason of your looking out of the window.

c) Lomov: “If you like I’ll make you a present of them.” (Narration change)

Ans. Lomov said that if she liked, he would make her a present of them.

d) I have nothing to forgive you for.(Turn into Complex)

Ans. I have nothing for what I can forgive you.

e) When you pray you become a part of cosmos. (Splitting)

Ans. You pray. Then you become a part of cosmos.

f) Few girls can resist flattery. (Make it noun)

Ans. Few girls can have a resistance to flattery.

Page -116

a) The hermit said,” You’ve already been answered.”

Ans. The hermit said that he (the Tsar) had already been answered.

b) I want a pair of blue suede shoes. (Complex)

Ans. I want a pair of suede shoes which is blue in colour.

c) The poetry of earth is never dead. (Make it interrogative)

Ans. Is the poetry of earth ever dead?

d) She was silent.(Negative)

Ans. She did not talk.

e) The humming insects do not disturb his rest. (Passive voice)

Ans. His rest is not disturbed by the humming insects.

f) I found the window. (Splitting)

Ans. It was the window. I found it.

1 comment:

Prithwish Ghatak. Powered by Blogger.

Wikipedia

Search results

Biography of A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Biography of A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam, known as Dr. A. P. J. Abdul K...

Total Pageviews

Archive

ADDRESS

Delete this widget in your dashboard. This is just an example.

Followers

Followers

Labels



Translate

Popular

Comments

Featured

Pages - Menu

Pages

Travel






Menu

Pages

Pages - Menu