About

LEARN ENGLISH BY TELLING TALE

Search This Blog

Friday, August 2, 2019

Some sample Writing Skill


Some sample paragraphs:

Sudden Visit To A Strange Place

One day I was walking back home from school, while kicking a stone along the pavement. Suddenly I discovered a strange door, which I had never seen before, fixed on a wall of an old familiar building. I touched the door and the door opened with a creaking sound. As I stepped on the stairs, the torch on the wall lighted and the door was shut automatically. A sudden chill ran up my spine. I stepped down further, enticed by a melodious music. There were many magnificent pictures carved on the wall. But the thing interested me the most was the blue carbuncle on a sceptre of a sorceress. The statue was excellent to look at. As I went forward, I fell into utter darkness and came right in front of my door. I was at a loss then, but since then I couldn’t find the door.

Environmental Pollution

Pollution is the mixing of some harmful materials into the natural resources available on the earth. Pollution can be of many types like air pollution, soil pollution, water pollution, noise pollution etc. Air pollution is increasing day by day because of the growing number of automobiles, release of poisonous gases, smoke from industrial companies etc in the atmosphere. Improper waste disposal, too much use of plastics and polythene, chemical fertilizers and pesticides also causes soil pollution and contaminates ground water. Excessive use of horns, microphones and loudspeakers, burning crackers causes noise pollution. It affects the ordinary living being on this planet by disturbing the natural life cycle and causes many health hazards.

A strange object in a shop


One day I was walking back home from school, while kicking a stone along the pavement. Suddenly I discovered a strange Robot, displayed on the window of a Gift shop. The speciality of the Robot was that it was moving and coming out of his room. Seeing this I at once entered the shop and began my inquiry about the toy. But I saw the shopkeeper was amazed to face my question about the Robot. He said it was a genuine Robot, named Mitsu and it was a unique one. It could take command and help anyone. He said Mitsu was priceless and he didn’t want to sell it. I insisted on buying it, but it was in vain. At last I came out of the shop with a heavy heart.


My Town


The name of my town is Berhampore. It is the administrative headquarters of Murshidabad.  The river Ganges flows on the west of my town. There are many schools, colleges and offices in the town. There are a medical college, nursing homes, cultural hall, cinema halls, markets etc. Almost 3 lakh people live here. People of every religion such as Hindus, Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Jains etc live here amicably. The chief attractions of my town are Royal Palaces, Dutch and English Cemetery, Catholic Church, temples, Subhas Sarobar, K. N. College etc.  I love my town very much.

Some sample Report:

5 injured in a bus accident
--- by a staff reporter

Dhubulia, 23rd April: Five people were injured when a speeding bus collided with a truck on the NH-34 near Dhubulia today at about 8 a.m.
                                     A bus was going to Kolkata from Berhampore, with 50 passengers. It was in a great speed and competing with other buses of the route. Suddenly near Dhubulia the brakes of the bus failed/ it lost its control and collided with a truck, coming from opposite side. As a result, five people were injured and some other got minor injuries. Local people rushed to the spot and took the injureds to the nearest hospital. Angry mob blocked the road for an hour and set the bus on fire. Police came to the spot and seizing the vehicles brought back normalcy in the traffic.

Some sample Formal and Informal letter:

Formal letter 1:

To
The Headmaster,
B J. N. Academy,
Berhampore,
Murshidabad
Sub. : Prayer for the availability of reference books in                                          the library
Sir,
    With due respect and humble submission, I beg to state on behalf of all the students of class Ix that our school has a library and it provides us story books and other knowledge books. But pupils like me who come of a lower middle class family can rarely afford to buy books specially reference books. So we are deprived of the proper learning process.
     Under this above circumstances, I request the favour of your kindly looking into the matter and taking necessary steps to avail ourselves the reference books from the library to the students, coming of poor family and thus oblige.
                                                               
                                                                            Yours faithfully,
Berhampore,
Dated, the 1st August, 2019 

Formal letter 2:

To
The Headmaster,
Berhampore J. N. Academy,
Berhampore,
Murshidabad.
                         Sub.: prayer for leave of absence
Sir,
    With due respect and humble submission, I beg to state that I am a student of your school belonging to class VII (Sec.    ) bearing the roll no. 12.
   On  account of my illness I could not go to school and join the class from 29th July to 31st July, 2019.
    Therefore I request the favour of your kindly granting a leave of absence for those three days and thus oblige.
                                                                               Yours faithfully,
Berhampore,                        
Dated, the 1st August, 2019
Formal letter 3:
 To
The Post Master,
Khagra Post Office,
Berhampore,
Murshidabad.
Sub.: Prayer for returning wrongly delivered letter                                            
Sir,
    With due respect and humble submission, I beg to state that I am a bona fide citizen of Berhampore dwelling at Khagra area (       ).
   Some days ago I was informed from a bank that a letter was dispatched from the bank. But yesterday I have come to know that the local postman has delivered my letter to my neighbour’s house by mistake. This does not happen for the first time.
    Under this above circumstances, I request the favour of your kindly looking into the matter and helping me to return the letter as soon as possible.
     Thanking you,
                                                                                   Yours truly,
Khagra,
Dated, The 1st August, 2019

Informal/Personal letter 1:
                                                                         

17,S.G.Road
Khagra
Murshidabad
                                                                           2nd August, 2019
My dear friend Som,
                             It has been long since I heard from you. Hope you are hale and hearty, by the grace of God. I am fine too. I am writing this letter to invite you.
                       On 17th August, 2019 I shall be 14. So my parents have decided to arrange a small Birth Day Party on that evening. I have invited all my friends. So couldn’t you come and join the party? I shall introduce you with all the other friends. It will be a great fun. I will wait for you.
                      Take my love and convey my regards to your parents.
                                                                                Yours ever,

Som Roy
C/O Rajat Roy
5 M.G. Road
Kolkata

Some sample Stories:
`      
A Foolish Crow and A cunning Fox

Once upon a time a crow lived in a forest near a village. One day he found a piece of meat in a kitchen and stealing it flew to a tree to eat it. When he was about to eat the meat, a fox was passing through that way. The fox saw the piece of meat in the beak of the crow. He was very cunning and so hit upon a plan to get the piece. He said to the crow in a flattering tone, “What a nice voice you have! Couldn’t you sing a song for me? I shall be very pleased.” Hearing this the crow became very glad. As soon as he opened his beak, the piece fell on the ground. The fox at once took the meat and ran away. The crow became very sad and flew away to find food.

Moral : Do not trust a flatterer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prithwish Ghatak. Powered by Blogger.

Wikipedia

Search results

Biography of A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Biography of A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam, known as Dr. A. P. J. Abdul K...

Total Pageviews

Archive

ADDRESS

Delete this widget in your dashboard. This is just an example.

Followers

Followers

Labels



Translate

Popular

Comments

Featured

Pages - Menu

Pages

Travel






Menu

Pages

Pages - Menu