About

LEARN ENGLISH BY TELLING TALE

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2022

WRITING: CLASS VIII

 

My Experience of a sea voyage

Last Christmas I went to visit the Andaman and Nicobar islands with my and two friends’ family. On the 2nd day I with my two friends was out on the open sea for the Havel Island. The waves were rising surrounding us. So far my eyes could see it was blue sea water, blended with light blue sky overhead. The cool breeze and the setting sun made the scene exquisite. As our boat was moving forward, the prow startled little waves that leapt like fiery ringlets. I saw two or three dolphins in front of us as if guiding us. But when the boat shook in churning waves I felt terrified. At last we reached the island safely. This was my experience of sea voyage through the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.

Waiting for a Piece of Good News

Waiting for something or someone is disliked by almost everyone. But sometimes it is good to be waited. I have a pen-friend who lives in Bangalore and in one of his/her letters she/he wished to come to my town and meet me. As I asked him to do it sooner, he informed me to come in summer vacation. As I didn’t know the exact date I kept waiting for him/her. This good news of his/her arrival and meeting made me perturbed. I read all his replies repeatedly and kept on planning how I would make fun with him/her and what would we take as our first treat. Even I made a paper-craft for him/her. Finally the day came; he/she came to my town and made my waiting the happiest of all.

Changes take place in Spring

Spring comes after winter and ornates the Nature with its variety. The Days become longer and warmer than winter. The foggy and gloomy days changes into a bright one. We can see a bright blue sky above our head. The drooping and naked trees revive and dress with new green leaves. Some brings forth first buds or flowers. Birds that migrate from cold countries return. We can have the sweet notes of cuckoo in this time. Some birds prepare their nests for laying eggs. In one word flora and fauna take a bright and vibrant form in spring.


MOONLIT NIGHT IN A FOREST GUEST HOUSE

Last year I went to visit the Sundarbans. I spent a night in a forest guest house in a place. It was a moonlit night. I was sitting on a chair in the balcony of our guest house and looking outside. My parents were asleep. The trees, thickets looked strange in the faint moonlight. It seemed to me that I was not in our world. I could hear the sound of water lapping in the nearby canal, cricket's call and sometimes strange unknown sounds coming from the depth of the moonlit forest. All of a sudden I saw two or more blazing eyes of some animals that vanished before I could take a snap. It was a strange experience. I would never forget that night.


ADVANTAGES OF VISITING A LIBRARY REGULARLY

A: Hello, friend, where are you going?

B: Oh! I am going to the library.

A: Library? What have you to do in the library? Do you want to meet someone there?

B: Oh no. I visit the library twice a week in the afternoon.

A: But why? Don't you have your own books?

B: Oh no. It is not about text books. I borrow story books and read newspapers and magazines. I enjoy reading other books too.

A: Oh! It's a good habit. My father always says that books are never failing friends. And you can know about many things from them.

B: Yes, I have been much benefited from these readings. Moreover, the calm and quiet atmosphere of a reading room is very much enjoyable and soothing.

A: You are right. Let me go with you and take a membership.

B: Certainly. Come along with me.


AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF AN OWL

I am an owl. I live at the top of an old deserted house since birth. I usually sit at a banyan tree grown on the top of this house in ruins at night and watch the night. It is at night when I feel comfortable and happy. I can see clearly at night. I look for prey and also see many other things like glowworms shimmering in the trees, the moon shining up in the sky. When I see the movement on the ground like a mouse running past I swoop down from the tree. Then when the eating is complete I go back to my place again and enjoy the night and from time to time hoot cheerfully.


A DAY WITH MY PET BIRD

I have a pet bird. It is a parrot. I bought from Pet Hub 2 years ago and named it ‘Mithi’. Mithi, like its name, has a sweet voice and learns to utter whatever I speak. One day in summer vacation I had a chance to spend a whole day with Mithi. After waking up I came out in the verandah and greeted good morning to Mithi. Mithi as usual greeted me back and began to talk with me. I played with it while feeding it. It kept talking while the sports / game and sometimes it gazed at me with a queer look. At noon after my lunch I sat beside Mithi and began to read Feluda loudly. Mithi surprised me by its curiosity and utterance of different words like “horrundous’’. In the evening it rebuked me for not studying and giving it food. However I spent the whole day with great fun with Mithi and it does not make me bored.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prithwish Ghatak. Powered by Blogger.

Wikipedia

Search results

Biography of A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Biography of A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam, known as Dr. A. P. J. Abdul K...

Total Pageviews

Archive

ADDRESS

Delete this widget in your dashboard. This is just an example.

Followers

Followers

Labels



Translate

Popular

Comments

Featured

Pages - Menu

Pages

Travel






Menu

Pages

Pages - Menu